". Arranged Words: Walk on the Wild Side

24 May 2013

Walk on the Wild Side

 That barely discernible Rose-Breasted Grosbeak actually turned around to sing for me. 
A beautiful ditty, enhanced by a large backup chorus.
Last year, in this area, I watched a red-winged blackbird perform his noisy mating dance. He stuck, first one leg and then the other leg out sideways, shook each leg vigorously, while showing off the line of his wings.
      Beyond hilarious...
Knock, knock anyone home? There was no sign or Ma or Pa. I decided not to intrude though I did want to sneak a peek inside the nest, but, unfortunately, I left my extension ladder at home.
Does anyone know the builder?
So you think you can hide?
Got ya! Jack-in-the-Pulpit
 A fiddlehead fern dressed in new frills.
Unknown but admirable.

No comments: