". Arranged Words: It's Time

7 Aug 2013

It's Time

Although it was on my list, I never got around to knitting a hat for my son last year. Why? Because when I decided to knit it, it took a few weeks to get the yarn and then one thing led to another and well, it just didn't materialize.

As Robert Burns said, "The best laid plans...often go awry." I am glad I waited though because the light is great this time of year, which I appreciate, especially when I am knitting with black yarn on dark harmony needles.

So recently I sat down and whipped up a this hat.  I didn't have any measurements, so I guessed; here's hoping it fits. Since fall and winter are "months" away (O, yes, I'm an die hard optimist!), it looks like I'm way ahead of the game.

Of course, I'd love to  post pictures of him wearing the hat, but he's a bit camera shy.
As you can see, it is too large for me, so I'm thinking it will fit. If not, it's back to the drawing board.



Where to put those wee knitting notions? The tin box is from the Michael's Store, and I bought the sweet knitting cats zippered pouch here. [I also found a pencil case that is just the right size for a sock project--not pictured.] The yarn, Lark, is from Quince and Company, I love their yarns and their friendly service!


2 comments:

Carolyn said...

A very fine hat that you made. I just read the post of the Yarn Harlot about the bike rally and the rainy day. They are brave souls and totally heroic.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thanks, Carolyn.
My son likes things plain, and this fits the bill. I hope it fits. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Yes,for sure. It's great to see people support such a good cause.