". Arranged Words: Great Shape

7 Oct 2014

Great Shape



Edging ends are so well shaped in this pattern.

I finally finished the Camellia Scarf. I made the largest size so I think it can be defined as a small shawl, but this versatile pattern can be made even larger.  However, I think this size is perfect ~ not too large and not too small.

As an added bonus, the bind off edging for the two ties worked beautifully.  As a matter of fact, it's the best edging I've seen and is part of the charted pattern. That edge, coupled with the Icelandic bind off for the middle section that another Rav knitter recommended, lends this shawl stability, and since I do not own blocking wires, I was thrilled when I started to block the shawl because the edging kept its shape and only required a few pins.


* * *
Drawing board...finis...
Watercolour pencils and ink.



Known as a living fossil a Natalius is a curious creature. Unfortunately after living for millions of years, they are  now on the endangered species list because of their beautiful shells, so I settled for an ammonite fossil and drew another Natalius that I painted the customary red/rusty colour.




And last but by no means least... A very Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian readers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Love the natalius.
Sue

Carolyn said...

I love your little scarf. I have become rather fascinated lately with garter stitch lace. It does always come out perfectly flat. Great job!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thanks. It was a fun knit. Evelyn Clark has another small scarf that I would like to knit one day.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thanks so much! Enjoy...