". Arranged Words: Here a pumpkin, there a pumpkin...

30 Oct 2015

Here a pumpkin, there a pumpkin...

There are pumpkins everywhere these days. I've seen so many types: huge, small, and the unusual. In the spirit of the season, I thought I'd share a few pics, along with a short video.



We recently went to the village and saw a spectacular display...aptly named Pumpkin Inferno. What you will see is a small example from 6 thousand carved pumpkins, including Jack in the boxes, huge carved archways, Chinese lanterns, monarch butterflies, etc.

Taken with the flash on..so much nicer if taken in the dark, but tricky to take without a tripod.



Vines
A parliament of owls.

I've been having a problem with my internet connection, so unfortunately I can't upload another video, or check to see if the one I uploaded works. I hope it does.

So I'll close with a drawing of Edgar Allan Poe; he definitely fits in with the  season. Who can forget his poem The Raven.
Have a safe and happy Hallowe'en!

3 comments:

Penny said...

What is it about pumpkins that are so appealing, at least to me? Now gnomes don't do much for me or clowns, but pumpkins are diverse. Not only are they yummy in certain recipes, but they can be lanterns, plain, scary, funny, and pretty. I sure enjoyed this post and all the harvest colors. :)

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Thanks so much for sharing the wonderful pumpkin displays. I would have love to see them in person. Your portrait of Poe is quite amazing!! Great work, Dixie!

-Soma

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

In the last few years, fall has grown on me more and more. So much beauty to see/discover. I ran across Goblin pumpkins, too. They have warts! Funny looking. The pics are on instagram if you would like to see them, although you probably have seen them out that-a-way.
Enjoy all those falling leaves...