". Arranged Words: Sketch in Blue and White

26 Jan 2016

Sketch in Blue and White



Because I love blue, I decided to expand my horizons and sketch in blue with white accents, although in these pictures, taken without a flash on this overcast day, the white area looks more like cream. I do, however, realize that sketching with a blue Micron pen might plunge me into the danger zone. Why? Because I may never change colours again. Seriously, though, it is fun.

I also fancy blue and white porcelain, but, unfortunately, I do not own any. In the spring, when the flea markets open, I will look for a few pieces. At one point, though, I did own a blue and white vase for growing crocuses. Unfortunately, it got lost in a move. Blue windmills swept around the vase. It was lovely. Who knows maybe one of these days I may draw a few old blue windmills too.
  
'Til next time. Enjoy the week...

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love these sketches. Blue is my favorite color, but I would not have thought to draw with it. Nice work Dixie!

Kim said...

Oh how I love the hue blue. Your sketches are magnificent, Dixie, sooo much lovely detail!

Lorraine said...

I love these drawings. They remind me of blueprints. So I guess these would be botanical blueprints. Very pretty!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

It looks incredible, Dixie! I can easily see this on porcelain. May be you paint your own porcelain.

-Soma

Renee said...

Lovely!

Penny said...

Oooh, I'm loving these. Well done, Dixie. The snail is my fav. Thanks sooo much for sharing. :)

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thanks, Carolyn. I agree and I have to be careful not to overpower my world with blue. If, of course, that is even possible. :)

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you, Penny. I did enjoy that sketch and as you will soon see I do have a few more up my sleeve.
When I use a pencil my sketches tend to be very light, so the blue will keep them from vanishing as they age.