". Arranged Words: Staying Alive Series #4

9 Feb 2016

Staying Alive Series #4


Last week I went to an art demonstration. I never thought I'd have so much fun watching paint dry. Really though, I was captivated by Pierre's technique (he uses oils). I do have a picture of the wonderful painting that he finished in two hours, but since I didn't ask for permission to post it, I won't. It was, however, a great experience and I do recommend going to a art demo if you have the chance.

Below another sketch in the Staying Alive Series #4. I haven't posted #3, but I hope to paint it soon. If you just popped in, I started this series recently.  For an explanation, see this post.


Louisiana Water thrush (special concern), Lakeside Daisy (threatened), Hill's Pond weed,(sc) Karner Blue Butterfly, (extirpated) Laura's Clubtail Dragonfly. (endangered). 
Wonderful-all.
 The Maestro finally flew to the painting board. (You may remember this sketch from an earlier post.) The colour I chose for the harp doesn't quite work, so it's back to the painting board.

A very warm welcome to new members and thank you for signing up. I'll be visiting you soon.

Enjoy a lovely week.

'Til next time...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your wonderful paintings and drawings stay in the back of my mind encouraging me to draw again. Our church bulletin board would like us to post flowers painted or drawn on coloured paper. I'm going to give it a shot! Love, Joannie

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thanks, Joanie.
That's great. Do send me a copy. I'd love to see your work.:)

Penny said...

How wonderful to go to an art demo. I think this last drawing looks good just the way it is. I wonder if you could get me to like spiders? Nah... not even you. Though I think you are capable of drawing them. I'm trying to like the tiny ones and go from there. I wonder if "I" started drawing them if it would help? But then I'd have to photograph them and that's not on my to-do list! Have fun and thanks for sharing.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

I did enjoy the art demo. It's more than worth going if you get a chance. I agree the bird is fine but the harp that you can't see doesn't look right..colours clash in a big way.

I must admit I have met a few spiders I didn't like, but I try and co-exist. I put them outside if I find one lurking about.
You are more than welcome, Penny. Thanks for stopping by. Too bad we couldn't have tea.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

I am so glad you enjoyed the art demo. Wish I could be there in person. Your staying alive #4 is beautiful!! I really like this series in the blue ink. Maestro looks incredible, can't wait to see more.

-Soma

Dea Lenihan said...

Oh I love to draw and would have loved this class I am sure. Found you on CED and happy to say I am a new follower. xo