". Arranged Words: Arrival

30 May 2013

Arrival

Botanical Knits by Alana Dakos of Never Not Knitting

The theme or, rather, Leaf Motif

My copy of Botanical Knits finally arrived! I pre-ordered this book in February. Now before you start to turn purple, I did immediately, well, before I could sigh properly, receive, with the click of a button, the digital e book.

Inside the book's cover, I found some nifty leaf stickers. And a few days ago, to thank me for my purchase, I also received the Ivy Trellis Hat digital pattern.

The patterns are beautifully written and illustrated and easy to follow. If you haven`t seen these patterns, pop on over to Never Not Knitting for more great books and patterns or check for Botanical Knits, Coastal Knits, and NNK on the Raverly groups.


Did I mention yarn? Of course, its a matter of preference, coupled with your, no doubt, enviable, houdinic ability to obtain gauge, but the yarns chosen for these patterns are absolutely gorgeous.

After a fine, luxurious look at the book, I did, probably like countless others before me, run to my stash, while I am grateful for it, I found it severely lacking.

For those of you that I know that do not knit, (banish the thought) I hope this book entices you to pick up the sticks.


Since I find it easier to mark up an annotated copy of the patterns with on my iPad, I may give this hard copy--minus the stickers--away. Any takers?



So many beautiful things to knit, so little time. Happy stitching!


No comments: