". Arranged Words: Rhododendron

18 May 2013

Rhododendron

Joanie's only Rhodie

The picture courtesy of my long time garden pal, and my good friend, Joanie, is of her one and "only rhodie." I would like to add, that Joanie has earned, among her many other accomplishments, the title of Master Gardener. If you've been reading the comments, you may have noticed that Joan will be facilitating, I'm certain, "a course to attend," this fall, in her area, called The Spirituality of Gardening.

Every rhododendron has a certain beauty. But the ethereal, pink blossoms on Joan's rhododendron are particularly beautiful!

The rhododendron is the national flower of Nepal. Can you imagine trekking along a trail in the rhododendron forests of Nepal? Yes, forests!

While my imagination never fails me, on this day, in the face of reality, I will soon be flatland trekking at the local greenhouse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dixie for posting this beautiful Rhodie. I've 'had' it for about a decade. It was very small when I purchased it and the blossoms - when it bloomed - were nearly white. It has at least doubled in size to this date and I find it breathtakingly beautiful. It is tucked in a corner of the garden next to a lilac, in dappled light - which it adores. I have to make a special trip to come and visit it as I can't see it from the house at all. It is SO protected! I just love it. Perhaps that's obvious! :)

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Joan,
And many thanks to you for sharing the beauty. It is a gorgeous rhododendron!