". Arranged Words: Primrose Paths

15 May 2014

Primrose Paths


The days are lovely now. Yesterday the temperature rose to 26C or 78F; a warm breeze caressed and the leaves on the trees popped out to celebrate the sun. Even the magnolia tree across the street, that I was certain had lost its buds in April because of the cold, burst into bloom. To top it off, the greenhouses are open. If I am lucky, I  sometimes find a few treasures that I've never seen first hand before such as the Ranunculus or Persian buttercup that I will share a picture of later, that is, I don't kill it with kindness.

Generally, it takes me a few days to cover the greenhouse circuit.  After all, touring greenhouses is a meditative pleasure of the savory kind.  While I stroll up and down the aisles, sometimes wayward hummingbirds dart to and from the flower baskets certain, as they sup, that they've found heaven. 

One of my favourite spring poems.

And in case you haven't seen it, here's a great link for the beautiful and free Styling Magazine by Coty Farquhar - Australia.
                                                                        
Enjoy the weekend!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi, Dixie! May is my favorite month, and I can never get enough of the flowers! The poem is lovely. Though I suffer terribly from pollen allergies (at a peak just now), I love to open all my windows whenever I am able. I think that is why I like the poem's, "want to throw open all the windows", though not really ever stating that they do get thrown open... :-)

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Yes, quite right. There's a wanting to "throw open all the windows," but it isn't realized in the poem. I also like the part about smashing the snow globe to liberate the inmates. :) I, too, love May with the intermittent warm breezes and flowers either blooming or about to bloom. Sorry to hear about your pollen allergies; at this time of year the air is rife with it. I hope you feel better soon, Carolyn!