". Arranged Words: A Quick and Easy Project

30 Jun 2015

A Quick and Easy Project

Hair Bands
A few years ago, I saw knitted hair bands some where, so I thought I’d try and whip up a few of my own; they look great with a matching sweater, shawl, etc.

Since my supply has dwindled, (the seem to disappear ~ a bit like socks in a washing machine) I am knitting a few more, so I thought I'd share the pattern.  All you need is a set of 4mm/U.S. 6 and some left over fingering weight yarn.

 (You can also cast on a few more stitches for a larger version.)

Here's a free pattern in exchange for a random act of kindness. (Sharing a smile will do.) 
Using long tail cast on, cast on 36 sts. Transfer to three 4mm/U.S.6 double-pointed needles; 12 sts each needle and join in the round and knit 14-18 rows, depending on how thick you would like the band.
Bind off loosely using a stretchy bind off. Weave in ends. Roll right side ends towards each other to meet in the middle.

For Jeny’s Stretchy Bind Off
video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abBhe-JYmgI OR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGHItYwr1us

Enjoy!

Happy Canada Day! 


And A Happy 4th to my friends in the U.S.!

5 comments:

Kim said...

I am quite certain there is a creature invisible to the naked eye that steals hair bands and socks.....it visits this li'l corner of the world as well. Those hair bands are cool. Thank you for the pattern, Dixie. :)

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Happy Canada Day, Dixie!! Thank you for the pattern :)

-Soma

Debbie said...

Happy Canada Day! Thanks for sharing the hair band pattern. I'm going to give it a try.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Well, that is a nice little project for a summer evening.

Lorraine said...

Love those quick and easy projects. Hope you had a nice holiday!