". Arranged Words: Beautiful Days

24 Jun 2015

Beautiful Days

I took this picture at the Parson's house at Upper Canada Village last year. I hope to visit again in July so that I can, among other things, enjoy the fresh garden produce, buy a loaf of  fresh bread made from wheat grown and ground on the property and, of course, buy some freshly made cheese.

I believe this room was a part of the Parson's office. Notice the picture of Confucius on the wall.

For me, curtailing my curiosity isn't always easy. I wanted to jump the rope so that I could look at the books and peer inside the box on the table. Well, not just look but sit down in the rocking chair and read a few pages from different books. I'm still itching to know the titles.


Lovely summer days have me dreaming of a picnic along the St. Lawrence. It's time!
A glimpse of the 19th century village. Although you can take a train, a wagon, or a boat ride, it's also a wonderful place to stroll through on a lovely day. It awakens the senses and leaves you  appreciating what was.





I hope all of you are enjoying summer. We've had a lot of rain, so it's lush and wonderful outside.

Enjoy...

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

What a quaint and beautiful area.Thanks for sharing.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

It is a relaxing and beautiful spot. I can't wait to go again.
I'm glad you liked the pics.
Have a great weekend, Lorraine!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

What a lovely day! It looks like a beautiful place.

-Soma

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

It's so much fun to visit the houses, farms, saw mills, and shops and discover how things were done in the 19th century.
Enjoy the weekend, Soma.