". Arranged Words: Rosetta Mitts Pattern

22 Sept 2015

Rosetta Mitts Pattern

With the leaves starting to turn and a hint of fall in the air, I decided to finish my Rosetta Mitts pattern. I'll admit that it's been languishing between a thought and a challenge for far too long, but since I'm usually up for a challenge, I am happy to report that the pattern is now on Raverly and best of all it's free!


Neesha Hudson illustrated the pattern for me because, at the time, when the pattern was cloudy at best, I wasn't drawing or painting. Her illustrations are beautiful and I am delighted to incorporate them into the pattern. The pattern encompasses a revival of old stitch patterns because  I felt that they were too beautiful not to re-work and share. (Happily, I've noticed that other knitwear designers are incorporating old stitch patterns into their designs these days, too.)

When I began knitting these mitts, I had been reading about the Rosetta Stone, so with thoughts of deciphering the stone in mind, I thought I'd add a bit of fun, along those lines, to the pattern. I hope you enjoy it!

I think you can pick up a free copy from the link above, but if not please flip me an email using the contact form at the top of the page and I will send one out to you. Although the pattern is free, and there is definitely no obligation, I would be pleased if you would make a small donation to your local food bank, or charity of your choice.


Happy Knitting!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Your mitts are lovely, Dixie. Great colour and such a lovely pattern. I love the knitting patterns of yesteryear.

Carolyn said...

Lovely stitch patterns. Beautiful mitts. Good work!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

I am in love with these mitt, Dixie! I am going over to Ravelry right now :)

-Soma

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thanks a lot, Carolyn!
You have and I bet your are in the process of designing more beautiful knitwear. I look at patterns differently now; they amaze me even more now that I know a bit about what's involved.

Penny said...

Oooh... I like. I love your design. In fact, like Soma, I'm going to download the pattern. I wonder if smaller needles would be enough to modify them to fit my skinny arms?

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Hi Penny,
Thank you!
I have not tried to modify a size by changing the needle size, but it sounds like it would work. I will say that I too have small arms and wrists, but the mitts are okay for me. If you decide to give it a try, I'd like to know how it works out.