". Arranged Words: Happened Upon...

29 Dec 2015

Happened Upon...


For those who want to draw or paint flowers, or just look at beautiful books these two books fit the bill. I borrowed these books from the library, however, I wish I owned them because they overflow with information and are truly uplifting. Since they are an inter library loan, I can't renew them, but I  do wish I had more time with these treasures.

For me, it has been a productive drawing year, I've nearly filled five sketchbooks with "the good, the bad, and the ugly." :) It's been so much fun to get lost with a pencil in hand. Besides being meditative in a concentrated way, drawing has made me really look at things. For example, now when I look at flowers, I really look at how they fit together: where the stems and leaves attached, how the veins flow, and the list goes on. I read somewhere that drawing does make you look at the world differently. I do think that's true.

So if you want to draw, pick up a pencil and begin. It's never too late, {or too early} to ignite the creative spark in any area that you choose.


Inside the cover of my kraft covered sketchbook.


Before I sign off for the year, I'd like to say that I've enjoyed following your wonderful blogs this year.  Also, a big thank you for reading along with me.

And I'd especially like to wish you all a New Year filled with joy!

Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The books are beautiful. Your drawings are beautiful.

Happy New Year, Dixie! 2016 will soon be here.

Love, Joannie

Penny said...

Happy New Year to you, Dixie. It's amazing how far you've come with your art and the fact you share so much. Persistence and passion. Thank you!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

I'd like to add these books to my collection, but I am trying to weed out a few books, although, now and then, a few books do sneak in the door.
Thanks, Joanie.
My best wishes for the New Year!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...


The two P's do work it seems. And best of all I've had a lot of fun over the last year, although a few other things have taken a back seat. Perhaps this year the scales will even out. There's a shawl to finish and a few short stories that could use a lift.
Thanks, Penny.
I hope you have a great New Year!

Penny said...

I wonder if the diversions end up being part of life's important lessons? Even in my worst times I find I learn something. We come out better I think or at least with more empathy. Fingers crossed that 2016 is an improvement over 2015. Thank you for being my friend, Dixie.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

It's been my pleasure, and I count myself very lucky to be able to say that you are a friend of mine.
Best Wishes, Penny...I'll be sending along an email.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

That is quite an accomplishment, Dixie. I am hoping to draw a lot more this year. I find it very therapeutic too, but sometimes I tend over-think my sketches. I am hoping to see more of your work to inspire me :)

Enjoy,
-Soma