". Arranged Words: Shoppe Launch Plus the Maestro

5 Apr 2016

Shoppe Launch Plus the Maestro

I opened a shop on Tictail. I heard about Tictail on Instagram, and I really liked their store front  designs, coupled with a straight forward setup. They have a wide range of stores--from upscale to individual craft stores. 
At this point, my little corner shoppe has a few prints on offer. (I'll add more prints as time goes on. Hopefully, a few more in blue, too.)  You can find the shoppe here.

The Maestro.
I had originally planned black tie but, being me, I couldn't resist painting his tails blue.
Work in progress. I call this point the breath holding stage ~  one slip of the brush and it could be all over but the crying. 

I used Fabriano Artistico 140 lb watercolour paper. I prefer painting on Fabriano paper because if I drop paint, I can usually lift it without damaging the paper. It's sturdy.
 For music buffs, yes that's a radical treble cleft.  Actually, it's a bird cleft for bird notes. :)

* * * 

There's still time to enter the giveaway for your choice of one of two prints that I am giving away to celebrate my shoppe opening. It's open to new/recent followers as well as those who have been reading along--some for almost three years now. xo  
Thanks to each one of you! 

To enter please leave a comment. Here's the link.

'Til next time. Have a lovely week!

12 comments:

Lorraine said...

That's a beautiful composition. Congrats on your shop opening. Much success to you!

Carolyn said...

Congratulations, Dixie! I am certain that your shop will do do well. Your prints are delightful!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Oh I know what you mean by the "breath holding stage". Only very recently I dropped the pen after painstakingly drawing for a few hours. I just sat there for a while looking at the drawing. It's great to see Maestro in colour. He is gorgeous. I love the music staff, very clever. It is a beautiful painting, Dixie! I hope he will be joining your shop. Congratulation!!

-Soma

NatureFootstep said...

it´s a beautiful piece :)

Marilyn Patterson said...

What a sweet little guy. I love his raised wing holding the baton and the leaves at the end of the music staff. Congratulations on your store, Dixie.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

I am glad you like the prints.
I've had an interesting time setting up this little shoppe. I didn't realize there was so much to it. Thank you!
Have a great weekend...

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

He was a fun character to paint.
Thank you, Marilyn.

AppleApricot Wen said...

Oh wow, your painting is gorgeous!! A wonderful sweet Maestro. The blue is perfect, I think it speaks probably more now then it would have when done in black. Congrats on your store, Dixie! I hadn't heard about Tictail before, but it looks wonderful.

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

Your paintings are beautiful. I am on Tictail, too. I loved that I could integrate it on my website.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your painting is beautiful. Good luck with your shop :)

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you Wen. I am partial to blue! :)
It's an easy store to set up and people tell me it's also easy to purchase from. In some cases it even adds your postal code based on the info input. Quick that way and less mistakes, I reckon.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you Claudia.
I haven't tried the integration yet,but it looks easy to set up. I must do that soon.